Our divination methods workshop in March 2022 was quite successful, so we are doing it again!
Grove will be holding a one-day virtual event on Met
hods of Divination on Saturday March 25th, 2023.The price for the whole day is only $10, and all sessions will be recorded, so if you are interested but can't attend, you can watch them later!
Our planned sessions are as follows:
- 9:00 AM MDT: ADF'S ARCHDRUID REV. JEAN "DRUM" PAGANO will talk about his new MOON ORACLE.
- 10:30 AM MDT: REV. GAARIK HAMR will speak on the Norse RUNES. He says "Runic divination, at
its core, is the use of runes from one of several alphabets to
determine hidden information. Hidden by whom and for what purpose? The
purpose of this workshop is to explore the animistic aspect of Norse
cosmology and apply it to runic practice. This workshop looks to the
Rune Poems and modern scholarship for a theistic, animistic approach to
runic divination and interpretation."
- 1:00 PM MDT: REV. IAN CORRIGAN will discuss "real-time divination w/ the spirits".
- 2:30 PM MDT: REV. D. ROWEN GROVE will speak on BONE READING. She says: "Bone reading is a system of intuitive divination in which bones and other small objects are scattered or tossed onto a surface, and omens taken from the patterns thus formed. Historically, there were forms of bone divination used in cultures as diverse as ancient Greece, Asia, Europe, Labrador, Africa, and elsewhere. Some traditional systems have used only one kind of bone or shell, and perhaps three or four pieces, while others employed a wide variety of items, and upward of a hundred objects. Rev. D Rowen Grove became interested in bone reading about six years ago, and has developed her own system, based on a combination of intuition and archaeological evidence."
- 4 PM MDT: PANEL DISCUSSION ON IMPROMPTU DIVINATION: WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU FORGOT YOUR TOOLS?
Each speaker will speak for an hour, followed by half an hour for questions. There will be two sessions in the morning and three in the afternoon.
Note: this is a series of technical workshops; there will be no opportunity for personal readings.
The price for the whole day's series of Zoom links is $10, and the payment link is on the sidebar to your right. (If you are viewing this on your phone, scroll down to the bottom to choose "view web version" in order to see the links.)